Saturday, June 12, 2010

BLONDE HAIRSPRAY

High School hair in the 60's was all about teasing and hairspray! This picture shows me and my sis with hair that was ironed, and ratted to gain a poof and sprayed with Aqua Net to keep it set! We attended Amos Alonzo Stagg from 1967-1969 and in my senior year Grace Slick played for us on the Senior Walk! Credence Clearwater, Stephen Wolf and all the 60's tunes would blast on the radio as Bobby Newell and I cruised Pacific Avenue in his 1957 metallic green Chevrolet! In 1976 my locks were punked short to mimick the ice skater Dorothy Hammil. This shot was taken aboard a cruiser in San Francisco Bay while taking a tour of Alcatraz. Notice these "Boots were made for Walking" by Nancy Sinatra! Yes hair... the style, the cut, the color keeps on changing to best fit the time, the mood and my delight! Boys mostly enjoy long sleek hair, but us girls like curls! In Hawaii 1986 ---dressed for a 50's BOP HOP at the Hyatt, I wore a poodle skirt that I sewed together with the help of my uncle Richard who then lived in Manteca. I attended an awards banquet hosted by "Matol Botanical", a Canadian Company that sold an herbal elixir that several athletes drank during the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, Korea. All the girls out there can truly relate to the truth of BAD HAIR CUTS in this Good Morning America clip with ANITA - Please girl tell us the TRUTH! When we bring in a photo of what cut we NEED and we get something that ain't NOTHING like it---YEAH that is MESSED UP! Our HOPE is deferred, and our PATIENCE and KINDNESS --- well that fruit of the spirit just got all dried out during that HAIR DO that went POO POO! But we get a new pair of shoes and we just keep on dancing! Taking my-all- one-length-BOB to a local shop with a photo of a more stylish BOB---YES total shock stiffened my neck as this hair destroyer used thinning shears all across my thin hair! After paying for something I did not ask for, at home I tried to accept that "It's just hair!" In the mirror my 2010 pixie had straggles of hair that looked like hair that missed the blade! Wild hairs poked out in defiance for the shearing! At home with precision as my guiding intention, I snip off all that dares to stick out! The very next weekend I went to a NEW local salon that advertized color! Lighter shades that swirled in layers atop my frazzled brain would make my short blunt hairs appear softer as I gently relaxed into the truth "It is just hair!" All kinds of stories to tell from the times living in Humble, Texas, New Iberia, and Santa Cruz --- with geography my style did radically shift! After one year working 10 hour days for ten days --- followed by ten days off from Houston's medical Center, I was offered a position marketing MRI's for a group of doctors. The 1980's waves of curls like Farrah Fawcet was sooo cute and FUN! Staying in style for awhile then bending the rules with a blunt cut was a must! No bangs in high school, just long and iron smooth was the look in 1969. Moving quickly through 30 years of cuts and colors, in 1999 I moved from Santa Cruz back to Stockton to work as a loan officer for the ultra conservative Union Safe Deposit Bank. Short with bangs, I chose a Loreal color because I am so very worth it...My "short do" matched my position as a business banker. On May 4, 2004 I started working for the City of Stockton. Over the last six years with the City my hair has been kept in a style that is "easy peasy" to fix quick! A relaxed style fits my preference for casual during the day....and for special occasions, that slicked back dramatic is always possible with short or long hairs! It has been a thrill to sport all kinds of style from the perfect BOB to the pixie cut! For a short while in 2009 my locks were long enough to bend around a curling iron. Standing in the lobby of the Sir Francis Drake in San Francisco in December 2005, I was a dazzling redhead! Change has always been exciting for me so for the remainder of my days in California I have opted to be a blonde! A great stylist in Manteca named Gina perked me right into summer 2010! Retirement is just around the corner - 2014 is the year that I shall drift into a land in which there is no time, and rushing to keep up with a hair trend is absurd! Being too slow, early, or late is also nothing that will be noticed round Lake Chapala. I shall enjoy being a California blonde until my hair turns naturally to a very silky and sexy silver! In Mexico it shall be like Aunite Mame living in heaven! In a place where there is no pace, or, if pace was there, it will be at my own pace. If I choose to move fast or slow it will be "Just Right"! There will be no haste, and no waste of time to select or change a fashion, decorator item, hair color or cut! From Lake Chapala it is but a quick 40 minute ride to Guad-a-la-ha-ha! The capital of fun festivities and fashion! With my Hair Spray Painted Blonde, it does tickle me fancy! It is TRUE that while following my bliss - my HAPPY did increase as a lighter blonde!

No comments:

Post a Comment