Wednesday, March 3, 2010

FOREVER YOUNG

LYRICS sung by Audra Mae. "May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true. May you always do for others and let them do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung---and may you stay forever young. May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true. May you always KNOW the truth and SEE the light surrounding you. May you always be courageous stand upright and BE strong. May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift. May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift---and may your heart always be joyful, may your song always be sung, and may you stay forever young".AUDRA MAE --- THE RIVER --- I've done a bad thing, but its okay, I'm goin down to the river today...and the rivers gonna wash my sins away, till I'm born again tomorrow. Water get over my head, make me forget my sorrow. I'm goin down to the river alone, don't tell my daddy I'm gone. And if they cry when I don't come home, just lie, tell ma funnin --- water get over my eyes into the river wise...I'm runnin --- and I can't swim, but its alright, cause all my sin will drag me down even if I could, and if it were'nt for Jim in love that night, I'd be livin for the light like a good girl should, cause a good girl should. In this ole town I have my skin, I can't speak the trouble I'm in, so if I don't come back again, go light and east the willow, to where I carved my name, is where my soul remains, and I'm still gone. Though I can't swim, but its alright, cause all my sin would drag me down, even if I could, and if it weren't for Jim in love that night, I'd be loving the light like a good girl should. When I meet the Lord of kind, I'm gonna give Him a piece of my mind, and I'm gonna tell Him WHY or WHY He's so damn forgiving -- my daddy won't look in my eyes, and momma knows the lies I'm livin. Lord and I can't swim, but its alright cause all my sin would drag me down even if I could, and if it weren't for Jim in love that night, I'd be living for the light like a good girl should, like a good girl should. AMEN - We all need the Comforter and God's amazing grace.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus and Satan were having an on-going argument about who was better on the computer. YEARS of competitivness between the two exhausted our heavnly Father.

    Father God fed up with all the bickering He challenged them both! A test will run for two hours, and from those results, I will judge who does the better job.'

    Satan and Jesus sat down at their keyboards and typed away. They moused, They faxed, They e-mailed,They e-mailed with attachments, They downloaded,They did spreadsheets, They wrote reports, They created labels and cards, They created charts and graphs, They did some genealogy reports, They did every job known to man. Jesus worked with heavenly efficiency and Satan fingers flew faster than hell.

    Ten minutes before their time was up, lightning flashed across the sky, thunder rolled, rain poured, and, of course, the power went off..

    Satan stared at his blank screen and screamed every curse word known in the underworld. Jesus just smiled and waited on God. Finally the electricity came back on, and each of them restarted their computers. Satan started searching frantically, screaming:

    'It's gone! It's all GONE! 'I lost everything when the power went out!' Meanwhile, Jesus quietly started printing out all of his files from the past two hours of work.

    Satan observed this and became irate. 'Wait!' he screamed. 'That's not fair! Jesus cheated! How come He has all his work and I don't have any?' God just laughed and replied:

    JESUS SAVES....


    AMEN!!!!!

    Wendy Morrow
    A Follower of Jesus
    Stockton PD

    ReplyDelete